Word count Day 23: Zippo (on the page)
Word Count Day 24: 2152
I finished a very pivotal scene. And I thought of several ways I can tie Protagonist 1’s experiences in so that they foreshadow later events, without actually giving anything away.
As a writer, I live for realizations like that. They’re what keep me going through a first draft. I think some of the difficulty I’ve been having with Secret Book is that it felt disjointed for so long. I couldn’t see how the pieces fit together; writing it in a linear fashion would not have helped. Reading the outline didn’t either.
Now I can see them, as I take them out of the puzzle box of my mind and assemble them on the page. As scenes go from a summary paragraph to fleshed-out realities, some of the things Protag 1 and 2 do and say are surprising me, but they make more sense now.
Nothing is set in stone at this point. Everything could change in rewrite. I so look forward to that adventure.
It’s two days until Thanksgiving in the U.S. Tonight’s video is from Blue Mountain Cards and gives us an amusing musical look at the standoff between a farmer and his holiday dinner. Enjoy!
NO WORDS TODAY ONLY FOOOOOOD
Clockwise from top right: Frodo goblet full of milk, sweet potato patties, mashed potatoes and gravy, ham slice cooked in apricot jam sauce, carrots with butter and dill, crescent rolls.
I made a metric ton of mashed potatoes. I like to do that and make potato patties later. Besides, I had too many potatoes. They don’t keep forever. Probably won’t be doing this again ever. It’s super depressing to cook for yourself on a holiday.
Some things I am thankful for today include:
- My parents, for finding me a good car when I really needed it.
- Whoever approved extended unemployment benefits.
- Whoever is going to give me a good job very soon. Ha!
- A roof over my head.
- Food in the fridge.
- Chocolate cupcakes with pink icing. Mmm.
- People who are there when I am sad.
- People who don’t judge me for being sad.
- People who post really funny things on Facebook, like George Takei and my friends Heiko and Cheryl J.
- My kitty, although she drives me nuts most of the time.
- That even though my mower broke, it was a nice day so I could get the leaves raked up.
- That I can actually write, since I like doing it so much.
- Everyone who reads my blog and follows me on Twitter, even if I don’t actually know you in person. Thank you so very much!!!
Word count – nope.
Minor procedure caused major pain. It’s now receded, but I’m hanging on to these Tylenol 3 pills for a while. Just. In. Case.
A similar dosage of this substance was helpful.
Image: piyato / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Today was a rest day. It was very nice out, so I opened the window. Tomorrow will be our last nice day, so if I feel up to it, I’m going to mow my leaves in the front yard. Hopefully I can find a gas station open. My little can is empty.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. If you’re traveling today or tomorrow, please be safe. Enjoy this video of the ultimate epic Thanksgiving entrée. Vegetarians and vegans may want to leave the theater.