Word count – 0.
Holy cabbage farts, Batman, what a stinky day.
- I called my vet this morning re the research for that one scene. Left message.
- Could not find one single job to apply to.
- Had a Happy Meal for lunch while running errands. Bleah.
- Had a doctor’s appointment at two. Showed up early, sat in the waiting room for thirty minutes, sat in the exam room for another thirty.
- Was told the minor procedure (don’t ask) I was expecting was going to hurt for at least a week.
- Whilst waiting for some topical lidocaine to take effect, vet called me back. Hopped off table half-naked to answer call, in case it was an employer. Made appointment for next Tuesday. Phone battery died.
- Had minor procedure. Ugh.
- Went to buy pain medication at supermarket pharmacy. $24.00 for the generic. Urp. Also bought supermarket chicken and chocolate cupcakes, because chocolate makes me feel better. $3.50 and $3.49, respectively.
- Drove home in rush hour traffic, with phone plugged into car charger. Discovered that dead phone battery made me miss a call from employer I had interviewed with. Was too late to call back, but I did it anyway, so they would know I wasn’t blowing them off. Don’t know if it’s good news or bad news.
- Got home. Found letter from police department in mailbox. Uh oh.
- Letter turned out to be a vehicle claim notification because the old car I gave someone, which they never registered, was towed and sitting in impound.
- Called police department. Was told by very nice officer that I didn’t have to do anything.
- Sat down to eat chicken, which was now almost cold.
- Realized the nice injection the doctor gave me to, as he put it, “numb the area” is wearing off. 0_0 >_<
Image: Malene Thyssen / Wikimedia Commons
- Now waiting for the generic Tylenol with codeine to take effect. COME ON CODEINE!!!!
At least I thought to get the chicken instead of standing around cooking when I feel kind of pain-ish. Chased that codeine with a chocolate cupcake too. Chocolate makes everything better.
Since the fall sports season is in full swing, please enjoy this video of the excellent John Cleese on soccer vs. football.
- How Not to Starve During NaNoWriMo (khrystleraineduste.wordpress.com)
Word count – 0.
I wrote so much yesterday my hands are killing me. Or maybe it’s the yo-yo temperatures we’ve had lately. Anyway, I plan to sit here cracking my knuckles and resting up so I can get some work done tomorrow morning. I have to go to the doctor (you don’t want to know why) and I might not feel like doing anything tomorrow night.
Here’s a video that made me laugh really hard. Some of these are a reach, but the others damn near made me bust a blood vessel. Probably not totally safe for work. You’ll need sound.
- The Dangers of NaNoWriMo (lynnreynolds.wordpress.com)
Word count – 280.
Tweaked some bits here and there, reordered some scenes/chapters (love how PageFour lets you drag stuff around). Did some research for the pivotal scene, the one I’m going to have to change.
I found something I think will work. However, I’m going to have to call my veterinarian’s office and ask them a few questions. I hope they don’t think I’m nuts. Perhaps it will be best to scrape up some cash and make an appointment, or offer to buy the doctor lunch.
Things suck so much right now. I’m not sure it was a good idea to do NaNo. I feel like I’m never going to finish this book, and at this moment in time, I really don’t care if I never write another word again.
Just my luck.
And of course, the holidays are coming. At least with no money and no one to buy for, I won’t have to drag myself through the stores searching for the perfect gift.
Everyone enjoy your hoarded Twinkies this weekend. I leave you with this:
Oh yeah. He’s got the moves.
Word count – 0.
It’s unlikely I’ll be writing tonight. I had to recaulk the bathtub. Again. At this point, it’s basically a tub, a faucet and the rest IS caulk. I desperately need an Extreme Bathroom Makeover.
Also, I finally got one of those things you put on the wall that holds brooms and mops. Now when I look into the kitchen, I see a nice orderly row of them on the wall instead of a jumble in the corner.
Hopefully tomorrow, I’ll be able to work through the big scene I had to change. Tonight will be a good time to do some research for it before I veg out in front of Netflix.
Final thought for today: as I tweeted earlier, don’t be lazy about throwing out old receipts. When you go through them, you risk getting your heart broken all over again. :(
Word count – 1,732.
I had a fragment of a scene where another character withdrew from my protagonist. I tried to finish it tonight and did, ending up with a little bit where he went out for food (people in my books sure do eat a lot!) and ended up getting into a bit of a tiff with someone.
Kind of like this, but without fur.
Image: Liz Noffsinger / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I also stopped in at the flea market today, just to look around. I was walking around on the lower level, and I saw this:
Photograph by Elizabeth West
Aww, kitty! He was friendly, too.
Yes, I should have been writing this afternoon, but since I had to go to the grocery store, I took a much needed brain break. Wandering around among the booths is relaxing, and helps me think. I’m getting close to being finished. Then the real work begins—rewriting and editing.
I hope if you are doing NaNoWriMo that you are taking a little time for yourself and not pushing too hard. Meanwhile, please take a moment and enjoy this interesting science thing—a crazy wandering planet!
Word count – 1,181.
Another transition scene finished. I can’t wait to get past all these fill-ins and write the end. I’m saving some things to write before the final scene, because they are going to be just that fun.
There’s going to be a LOT of rewriting ahead. My protag is superficial, and my word choices are just adequate. I’m just not able to concentrate as well as I could. There is the whole not-having-a-job thing, and the whole breakup thing. Not having someone to talk to is really wearing me down. I’m not a person who functions well in complete isolation. Online conversation isn’t the same.
Hopefully soon I’ll find a job, and then there will be more of a routine going. In keeping with my tradition of sharing a bit of entertainment at the end, please enjoy this video about the Disney Star Wars acquisition. This is relevant to my interests.
Word count – 542.
I HATE writing these stupid transitions. HATE HATE HATE. Chalk it up to it being the 13th and a touch of triskaidekaphobia. Or maybe this book is just harder than the last one.
I wonder if there is a correlation to how difficult a book is to write and how successful it could be. You would expect a fabulous story to just pour out of you faster than you could type. When it comes out in drips and drops, it’s easy to think “Maybe this sucks.”
I’m done for tonight. Tomorrow is another chance to get it right. In the meantime, please enjoy this video of The Best Cosplay of All Time!
- My #NaNoWriMo in week two! (zaraawritingstory.wordpress.com)
Word count – 1,758.
Tonight I worked on what I call a lull scene. A book or film can’t be action and crazy stuff all the time. So some people had an amusing dinner, and my protag sought reassurance from someone, and didn’t get it.
Things still seem rather choppy at the moment. But they’ll come together during revision.
The hand is still pretty sore. I’ve got some of those braces you wear for carpal tunnel, with the mitts attached. They help a little. I can’t type much more tonight, so I’ll leave you with this hilarious video by internet comedy queen Jenna Marbles, “Things Guys Lie About.”
Word count- 0.
Today I spent time writing a post for Clerical Chick, and also finishing up some guest posts I’m working on for another blogger. So it wasn’t a writing-free day, just a novel-free one.
My right hand has somehow decided to go rogue on me. Yesterday afternoon, the temperature reached 73 degrees, so I took advantage of it to clean out my little Chevy. Either I did something to it then, or while I was skating in the morning. My fingers are sore and swollen, and typing seems to be difficult.
Of course, it could be the weather, which has also gone rogue, changing to a nasty bout of cold rain. They’re talking maybe a snow mix overnight.
Ugh. I call dibs on perpetual summer.
Image: Victor Habbick / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Speaking of skating, I hope you watched the ISU Grand Prix Cup of Russia on NBC this afternoon. Gracie Gold earned her first senior Grand Prix medal, a silver. Way to go, Gracie! Congratulations!
I’m going to lie on the couch and rest my hand now. Type at you tomorrow.
Word count – 2,195.
Feels like I’ve been sitting here forever.
Image: farconville / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
A small portion of that was an addition to a previous scene. The rest was an entirely new one. I haven’t done an entirely new scene in a while. Most of these counts are additions to something I’d already begun.
I know I’m totally cheating using this thing to finish a book rather than start from scratch. Since I’m not formally signed up for NaNo, I feel fine about bending the rules. If I can finish this stupid thing, it will be worth it.
For tonight, I bid you adieu. If you aren’t sleepy yet, please enjoy this compilation video of Internet sensation Maru.