Yeah, I know; this is yesterday’s post. Sorry about that. I’m getting busier at work and lunchtimes have been devoted to editing Tunerville. Guess I’ll have to save that for evenings and write my A-Z posts at lunchtime instead.
I’ve put several of the things I’ve been doing on it into bullet points. Because I couldn’t think of anything else that began with B, and I’ve been editing reports all day. Ha!
- At lunch, I’ve been working my way through the book, making chapters.
- I’m still finding unfinished scenes and places where I noted “DO THIS HERE—SEE NOTES” and just left it. Slowly, I’m finishing those, getting transitions set up and doing some foreshadowing here and there.
- On this read-through, I’m tweaking bits here and there where Word flags misspellings, grammar issues, and restructuring paragraphs. I don’t know how to explain how I know where a paragraph break needs to go; I just do. Perhaps years and years of reading?
I think bullet points are the best way to organize my time. Each one can stand for an hour or two (or several). It should go something like this:
- Get up , drink coffee, play on internet, get dressed, and go to work.
- Work all night on a drink of RUM!
Okay, it’s been a long day.
- Write a blog post at lunch.
- Go home.
- Drag myself through whatever exercise I have to do that day: Pilates, walking, or the PT for my destroyed shoulders that doesn’t work (time to go back to the doc, I think).
- Nom nom nom.
- Oh, sorry. Feed Psycho kitty.
- Do a bunch of homework.
- Do some book editing.
- Get in bed.
- Read until I get really sleepy or it’s time to turn out the light, whichever comes first.
There is serious rebellion going on in my brain over that New Year’s resolution to read more. I haven’t had time! Part of me just wants to chuck it all and lock myself in the library with a blanket, a pillow, and a bag of munchies. There’s a Panera Bread right next to the branch closest to me; that’ll do.
My summer is school-free; there wasn’t anything on the schedule I needed. Once this class is over in May, I can do whatever I like until August. I’d like to get started on the Rose’s Hostage sequel. And maybe have some actual fun for a change.
- How to use bullet points – Trade Secrets of Communications (thewmgroup.wordpress.com)