Yes, that title would be my really terrible bastardization of The Cuckoo Song. I apologize to any cringing medieval scholars out there.
I’ve been so busy working on Secret Book I completely didn’t notice there was a three-day weekend coming up (Labor Day in the U.S.). Holy catfish, it’s almost September already!
My vacation is getting closer and closer. I hope that 1) the time I’m away doesn’t pass as quickly as the last month has, and 2) that if the stupid volcano Bardarbunga (I always read that as Cowabunga) decides to blow its top, it waits until I’m already in the U.K. I wouldn’t mind getting stuck there, but if I can’t go, everyone in Iceland will hear me scream.
By the way, I have donated to the ALS Association, even though no one has nominated me for the Ice Bucket Challenge (officially). Speaking of which, composer and one of my chat friends Bernhard P. Eder made this HILARIOUS video, in which he takes the Challenge. I had to post this because it made me laugh at work.
Check out some of Bernhard’s music here!
This holiday weekend, my plans look something like this:
- Remove some things from inside the house to the newly cleaned garage so they can be donated or thrown away
- Clean the shit out of the house
- Start trying on outfits (this could be really sad because I haven’t lost as much weight as I wanted to)
- Shop for jeans (this, too, could end in tears)
- Read. I’m trying to get through Joe Hill’s NOS4A2, which is rockin’ good, and Writing 21st Century Fiction, by Donald Maass
- Watch the two Netflix DVDs that have been on my coffee table forever
Everyone out there, be careful whilst you bid summer a fond adieu. I’ll be back this weekend with a vocabulary post, I promise.